Saturday, April 5, 2014

Wood Mount Case Project - Etcetera

I love the new packaging for the wood mount stamps - the Wood Mount Cases are brilliant for storing stamps and all sorts of things - pressed clay and molds; rhinestones and pearls; dimensionals, tombow and glue sticks; brads and ribbons. . . the list is endless! They are such good value at $11.95 for a pack of four (4). BUT the thing that I love about them the most is that you can use them as packaging for gifts and other treats.

This is one of the things that I have made with the case:

I have inserted the tape measure page from the Etcetera DSP behind the clear film of the Wood Mount Case sleeve and it proved the perfect backdrop for the embellishment that I made for the front of the case.  I have used Calypso Coral, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla cardstock to co-ordinate with the DSP.
The large background shape was cut using the largest label shape from the Apothecary Accents Framelit Dies. I then texturised the cardstock using the Beautifully Baroque TIEF to add interest. Behind this feature I have stamped a strip of Very Vanilla cardstock very lightly with Crumb Cake ink and the filigree floral stamp from the Lovely Romance stamp set ~ this is a beautiful stamp and adds a layer of interest and shabby chic glamour to the embellishment. Of course I daubed the edges with Crumb Cake as well to add to the vintage tone.
By repeatedly rubbing a bone along the Calypso Coral cardstock strip I managed to break down the fibre of the card and gently separated the pieces into two layers. This gave the card a suede texture.

The Soft Suede stamped images are from the Shop Around wheel which I took apart and made into individual clear mount stamps. This is a versatile approach to wheels if you love certain images and can imagine them in different projects but want to avoid other images in the wheel. The Sylvia's Salon and Queen for a Day images come from the wheel and have been fussy cat (the square) and punched with the Artisan Label Punch. The "for you" sentiment which is stamped in Calypso Coral comes from the Chalk Talk stamp set and has been punched out with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch.
I added the Antique Brad, Very Vintage Button and the Large Rhinestone and Large Pearl Jewels for interest and for a more luxe feel. The piece of Victoria Crochet Trim and the Scalloped Edge Tuille Ribbon in Crumb Cake are for texture and interest.

The embellishment was stuck to the outer surface of the Wood Mount Case using a glue gun - tip for this project: be careful not to melt the plastic of the sleeve and box with the hot glue gun.

I made 40 of this design for my Stampin' Retreat last September and the girls loved them. Of course I put a note book and belly band (in matching DSP), a pen, matching ribbon samples, a sheet of dimensionals and a bone inside as a thank you gift for attending Retreat. Stay tuned for other uses for these awesome cases!

Enjoy!
Shanni xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni