Friday, April 11, 2014

Joyful Tidings Wood Mount Clear Case

Another Wood Mount Clear Case which I decorated in December ~ I wanted to share the idea so that you could plan ahead for next year's purchases lol!
Following the same approach as last time I decorated the Wood Mount Clear Case I inserted the DSP behind the plastic sleeve on the cover of the case. This time the DSP is Winter Frost Specialty DSP from the Holiday Cattie (now retired); although some items have carried over and are still available.

On the front of the cover I made a snow flake ornament following the numerous tutorials on You Tube.  The colours I have used to stamp the snow flakes from the Festive Flurry set are Bermuda Bay and Island Indigo (those names are ironic given that I have made a snow flake). Of course I cut the snowflakes out using the Festive Flurry Framelit Dies which are a perfect match for the stamp set - gotta love that! The Silver Glimmer Paper is the perfect accompaniment.  The Frosted Finishes Embellishments were by far my favourite product in the mini cattie.

Behind the snow flake I cut a number of pennants to dress and decorate the front of the case including extra Silver Glimmer Paper, the foil page from the Winter Frost Specialty DSP and matching cardstock with the addition of some Coastal Cabana (irony is still playng a part).  The sentiment comes from the Christmas Messages set - I have rocked and rolled the stamp in Bermuda Bay and Island Indigo inks and duabed the outside of the punched out shape with Bermuda Bay ink. the label framelit from Chalk Talk Framelit Die set was a perfect match.

I have punched and cut the Silver Glimmer Paper with the retired Snow Flake Punch and the last years Bigz Die.

Inside I included ten (10) cards made with matching cardstock and themes, a Snowflake ornament for the tree and five (5) present tags in complementary shapes and colours. Here is a shot of the inside although the cellophane bags don't show it all off to the best advantage.
Although Christmas has gone for another year I wanted to share the concept of decorating the Wood Mount Cases for different events.

Get creating!
Shanni xx

1 comment:

  1. This is a great ready made gift box, to fill with all sorts of goodies, thanks for sharing Shanni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni