Monday, April 21, 2014

Epic Day - Not Too Shabby

I love square cards and I love shabby chic themed cards so today's card is a combination of these two things using the This & That Epic Day DSP because it is on sale until Tuesday night as part of the Weekly Deals at Stampin' Up!. Check out details on my Shopping Website.
The base card is Crumb Cake which goes perfectly with the grunged Pool Party page from the This & That Epic Day DSP. I mounted the DSP on a square piece of Pool Party cardstock which is daubed around the edges with Crumb Cake ink. I stamped on the Burlap Ribbon with the scroll stamp from Everything Eleanor in Basic Black Craft Ink which is on clearance on my Shopping Website.
I wanted to add some old world glamour and luxe to the card so from the bottom up, this is how I created the main feature. Baked Brown Sugar cardstock stamped with Hardwood in Whisper White Craft Ink, cut with the Chalk Talk Framelit Die. Tea Lace Paper Doily daubed with Crumb Cake Ink. Tucked in the side a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffle Stretch Trim and Victoria Crochet Lace Ribbon. The sun explosion stamp from Great Sport stamped on Very Vanilla in Staz On Jet Black Ink, fussy cut and daubed with Crumb Cake ink.
I stamped the crown from Shop Around Wheel in Baked Brown Sugar and punched out with the Artisan Label Punch (daubed edges), the 2c stamp from Postage Due and punched with the Postage Stamp Punch (daubed around the edges) and the fob watch in Staz On Black (face and hands stamped and punched separately with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch), the scroll from Happy Day stamped in Baked Brown Sugar - all cut out with the Apothecary Accents Framelit Dies.

The small flowers from Everything Eleanor were stamped in Bermuda Bay ink, fussy cut and daubed on the edges in Crumb Cake. The tiny flowers were punched from Calypso Coral cardstock using the Itty Bitty Flower Punch.

The rose was made using the Fancy Flower Punch. I stamped on Pool Party cardstock with a floral wheel in Soft Suede before I punched and daubed the edges with Crumb Cake. See my Tutorial from January 2013 for details on my Rose Making Tutorial. The glossy leaves are stamped from the Peaceful Petals stamp set on Simply Pressed Clay and fussy cut then coated with coloured Crystal Effects once they are dried (in this case I used Pool Party re-inker to colour the Crystal Effects).

Basic Pearl Jewels were the finishing touch for the flowers and other spots. I had used some Epic Day Washi Tape as well and the sentiment is from the Six Sides Sampler stamp set, stamped in Basic Black ink and punched out with the Modern Label Punch.

Not too shabby eh?
Shanni

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! all the layering, and the bits from everywhere that meld and bring the whole thing together. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni