Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Silhouetted Epic Day

A quick and simple card with a bit of impact. And for once I didn't make a square card but the usual C6 size lol.
As per usual the base card is Crumb Cake; it matches perfectly with this particular page from the This & That Epic Day DSP (which is mainly Pool Party). The Burlap Ribbon goes with both the stamped image, the base card and the colour scheme on the DSP. I added the narrow strip of Basic Black cardstock for interest.
I stamped the image from Serene Silhouettes in Staz On Jet Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock. Using daubers I spread colour across the image from bottom to top - Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Pool Party. I had punched a circle with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch from a post-it for the moon and inked over the top of this creating a masked circle.

Finally I punched the whole stamped and coloured image with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch and mounted it on Basic Black cardstock cut with the Window Frames Framelit Dies. It is mounted over the burlap with Dimensionals.  The sentiment is from the Six Sides Sampler stamp set.

Cheers
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni