Sunday, April 20, 2014

Epic Day - Amazing

This & That Epic Day DSP is on sale until Tuesday night (Australian time) as part of the Weekly Deals ~ check it out at my Stampin' Up! Website as there are some awesome bargains each week for another 2 weeks.

Given the great deal I thought it only right to share a project or two with you. Today's card:
Base card is Crumb Cake, I mounted a square piece of Calypso Coral on top of it and then used a square piece of the ledger book page from the This & That Epic Day DSP on top of this. I stamped the big splotches from Gorgeous Grunge in Calypso Coral ink. Next I used an additional piece of the chevron patterned page from the same DSP suite cut with the Apothecary Framelit Dies set and daubed the edges with Crumb Cake ink. You can just see the embossed Window Sheet acetate on the top right hand side using Beautifully Baroque TIEF.
Beneath the sentiment is a piece of Burlap Ribbon, on top of this I have used a piece of Natural Chevron Ribbon and a piece of gold Watercolour Wonder Designer Washi Tape. The sentiment is heat embossed in gold from the Chalk Talk stamp set on Very Vanilla and cut out with the matching Chalk Talk Framelits Die. I mounted the cut out on two pieces of Canvas Creations which I cut with the same shaped Chalk Talk Framelits die and daubed around the edges with Crumb Cake ink.
I cut the leaves with the Secret Garden Framelit Dies in Wild Wasabi cardstock, despite the fact that the matching green in the DSP is Gumball Green. I embossed the leaves with Beautifully Baroque TIEF and daubed them with Crumb Cake ink. I stamped the butterfly from Papillon Potpourri in Early Espresso and coloured it with Calypso Coral ink and Aqua Painter and then daubed the edges with Crumb Cake. Epic Day Washi Tape was the finishing touch.

Amazing!
Shanni

1 comment:

  1. I Shanni! See now THIS is what I love: you incorporate so many textures and patterns and it flows. The result is a treat for the eyes and fingers that are itching to touch it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni