Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Amazing Soho Subway

Hardwood goes so well with the Soho Subway Designer Series Papers because of the colours, texture of the subjects of the pages and the slightly distressed appearance of the papers. This is my card that features both of these beautiful products:
Summer Starfruit is not a popular colour with many of my downline or customers but I love it and try to use it in ways that appeal to people.  I think that it is a colour which goes well with Black, Island Indigo, Early Espresso and Night of Navy. Here I have mounted the DSP page on Island Indigo. You can see that I have pierced the edge of the DSP for some added texture.

The Sentiment is from Chalk Talk and I have used the framelit dies from Chalk Talk and Apothecary Accents Dies for the features behind the sentiment. I fussy cut around the edge of the sentiment so that it could be mounted on another piece of Summer Starfruit lol.
I have stamped two butterflies from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set and punched them out with the matching punches - Elegant Butterflly and Itty Bitty Butterfly along with one from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit die which I used with a piece of the Island Indigo page from the Soho Subway DSP pack. The Rhinestone Jewels are to add a bot of glamour and sparkle to the card.

Antique brads are the finishing touch.

Enjoy!
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni