Thursday, April 17, 2014

Vintage Take on Paper Craft Crew Challenge #89

The recent cyclone has meant that I have had opportunity to craft without feeling guilty about other things that could be done like the washing. . . but because I am now in the mode I have been quite productive in my output. . .

Last night was a late one. I noticed before I went to bed that the Paper Craft Crew had just posted their weekly challenge and I could not resist having a little play before I went to bed. This is PCCCCS#89:
And this is my interpretation:
Epic Day Designer Series Paper is on special as part of the Weekly Deals for Stampin' Up! until Tuesday 22 April so I thought it only right that I feature a project of two incorporating the paper which is one of my favourites from our Annual Catalogue.

Base card is crumb cake and I have used a variety of stamp sets - Shop Around Wheel, Postage Due, Everything Eleanor, Clockworks, Papillon Potpourri, Gorgeous Grunge and the Six Sided Sampler. . . yep nearly every stamp set on my table lol.
Where necessary I fussy cut and used Apothecary Framelit Dies and the Elegant Butterfly and Postage Stamp Punches. I cannot resist daubing the edges of everything with Crumb Cake ink to add to the aged and grunge look that is evoked by the paper design. For added texture I included Burlap Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Basic Pearl Jewels, a Paper Doily and a crocheted flower that a friend did for me some time ago.
I also added a piece of card from the Artisan Embellishment Kit which is retired now although it was my all time favourite embellishments from Stampin' Up! I have stamped in Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede and Staz On Jet Black ink.
Hopefully you can see that there is some dimension in the card as well. I adhered most items with Tombow Glue and used Glue Dots for the Butterflies.

Check out the Weekly Deals at my Stampin' Up! Shopping Site.

Cheers
Shanni

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card and love the colors! Love how you used the Paper Craft Crew Sketch and the vintage styling. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni