Monday, April 7, 2014

People Like You & The Paper Craft Crew

Another new week and another challenge! Yay!

This is the Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch #87 for this week:
This is my interpretation of the sketch:
My base card is Whisper White but I have also mounted it on a rectangular piece of Baked Brown Sugar as I felt the card needed something to frame it. On top of the base card I mounted a piece of Baked Brown Sugar and then on top of it I mounted another piece of Whisper White and then mounted the gorgeous Gold Fancy Foil Designer Vellum. I thought by mounting it on the white it would really pop the gold embossing which looks divine.

The stamped image on the central oval is from People Like You - this is such a lovely stamp and has so many applications. I stamped in Staz On Jet Black Ink and then coloured with an Aqua Painter and the Encore Metallic Gold Ink and Baked Brown Sugar ink. I stamped on Whisper White and mounted the Ovals Framelit Dies cut out on a matching Baked Brown Sugar piece.
I wanted to add some depth and shadow to the colour and the Encore Gold and Baked Brown Sugar match beautifully. Part of the sketch was the tiny pennant in  the top left hand corner. This is simply a hand cut piece of Whisper White behind Baked Brown Sugar. I fussy cut a circle from one of the pages of the Gold Fancy Foil Designer Vellum, stamped the smallest butterfly from Papillon Potpourri (Aqua Painted the wings with a touch of Baked Brown Sugar) and added an Antique Brad which I brushed with Encore Metallic Gold Ink.
Behind the Oval is a pennant cut from Gold Foil Sheet in compliance with the Sketch Challenge. The Sentiment is actually part of the overall stamp but I punched a Decorative Label Punch shape out of Gold Foil Sheet and re-stamped the greeting on Whisper White in Staz On and fussy cut around the double lined border and mounted it on the foil sheet so that there is a minimal border showing through. The Antique Brad is in with the Challenge and has been brushed with the Encore Metallic Gold Ink to marry in with the colour scheme.
I wanted to show the various layers and hope that this shot gives a good perspective despite the detail being blurred.

Happy crafting peeps!
Shanni x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shanni, Wow! What a stunning card! Love your use of all the gold vellum and your gorgeous colouring of the stamp. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew this week

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni