Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Just Add Ink Colour Challenge #208

So I have confessed that I am not a fan of pink. . . and well here is my second admission. . . I am not a fan of blue!

This week I stumbled across a challenge run by some Aussie Stampin' Up! demonstrators who had issued the challenge to use three Stampin' Up! colours - Smoky Slate (easy-peasy), Calypso Coral (not quite pink so ok) and Pacific Point (hmmm going to have to extend myself).  The folk over at Just Add Ink issued this invitation:
Given that the colours were going to challenge my creativity I thought I might as well throw another spanner in the works. . . to work with the first stamp set I lay my hands on as I walked into my crafting room and to take no more than half an hour. Thank goodness the very first stamp set that I had left on my table from a class yesterday arvo was Pleasant Poppies which is a current set and quite pretty when treated the right way.

My 15 minute creation turned out like this:
Using Pleasant Poppies I stamped directly onto the Smoky Slate background in Staz On Jet Black Ink. I also stamped the same image on a piece of Calypso Coral and fussy cut the flowers out individually.  I stuck them to the stamped image - hey presto then covered them in Dazzling Diamonds and once that had dried Crystal Effects.
The mount below the Smoky Slate is Pacific Point cardstock textured using the Fancy Fan TIEF and mounted on a base card in the gray. I then mounted an additional piece of the blue behind the base card to "frame" the whole card.

The sentiment is from A Dozen Thoughts stamped in Calypso Coral on Whisper White cardstock and I punched it out with the Large Oval Punch and a backing in the Scallop Oval Punch in Pacific Point. I dimensionalised the sentiment to pop it from the project.

Done and dusted including the post in 28 minutes - that's a new record!

Shanni x

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed with how quickly this beauty came together, Shanni! LOVE the paper-pieced, glittery poppies - they really stand out against the Smoky Slate background. A challenging colour combo for sure, but you nailed it. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the glossy glittery treatment you gave your poppies Shanni - they look stunning against the Slate background. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am impressed with how quickly you put this fabulous card together. Wow! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a fabulous card you've created - with a colour you're not fond of, and in 15 minutes. Love love love the glossy glittery goodness of your poppies. I'm definitely going to give this stamp the paper piecing treatment next time I have it out - such a great idea when you don't have the time (or inclination) to colour!

    Thanks for joining the challenge fun at Just Add Ink this week. Hope to see you back for more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Considering you don't like two of the three colours in this challenge, I think you did an impressive job in such a short time. The poppies are the start of your card in all the glittery gloriousness! Thanks for playing with us at JAI. From the Kiwi side of the team, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what youve done Shanni and so super quick too! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni