Thursday, April 24, 2014

Soho Subway is going away. . .

Our Retirement List is almost upon us here in the South Pacific, the US one was released last week so I am in the midst of working out what papers to use first. I adore the Soho Subway suite, the colours are so rich and evocative of age, history and vintage wear and tear. I thought that I might feature a few of my recent projects using the Soho Subway DSP.
The base card is Early Espresso and I have mounted a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock. I embossed it with the Alphabet Press TIEF to marry in with the signage theme of this particular page of the DSP. I cut an additional piece of the printed newspaper page of the Soho Subway DSP along with the segment about Radio City and mounted both of them on Early Espresso cardstock.
I stamped the marquee styled stamp from Starburst Sayings in Blushing Bride and Summer Starfruit ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut them out with the matching Starburst Framelit Dies. I also stamped the sentiment from the Starburst Sayings set in Early Espresso, cut it out with the matching die and mounted it on an Essentials Wooden Element disc.

For texture and interest I used a piece of Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon and some gold Watercolour Wonder Designer Washi Tape. I hope that you have taken some inspiration from the card.

Ciao for now
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni