Saturday, April 26, 2014

Soho So Grunge!

I love the colours in the Soho Subway DSP so much - they are primarily Summer Starfruit, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Baked Brown Sugar and Night of Navy - all the colours that appeal to my taste!

Here is today's card using the Soho Subway DSP:
My base card today is Baked Brown Sugar which I have mounted with a piece of Whisper White cardstock daubed around the edges with Baked Brown Sugar ink. Then I mounted a piece of the geometric Summer Starfruit designed page from the Soho Subway DSP pack.  The actual word Soho is from one of the worded pages in the same DSP pack and I have mounted it on Early Espresso.

There is a suggestion of Island Indigo in the background of the wording so I punched a piece of Island Indigo cardstock with the Chevron Border Punch and mounted a "negative" piece - you know the piece that usually ends up in the bin - of Summer Starfruit cardstock on the punch out for interest.
Next I cut a piece of Summer Starfruit using the Starburst Framelit Dies, punched a circle of Gold Foil Paper with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch. I think the gold adds a touch of glamour and really draws your eye to the sentiment which competes with the "soho" background. I stamped the sentiment from the Starburst Sayings stamp set in Early Espresso on Whisper White card and punched it out with the right sized Circle Framelit Die to match the rest of the embellishment. It is double mounted with dimensionals.
As an added touch of texture and interest and because the Soho district in New York is kind of old world artisan I added some sequins from the Gold Sequin Trim to the arrow from the Essentials Wooden Elements pack.

So cute right?
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni