Friday, April 25, 2014

So loving Soho Subway DSP

My team members call me Shannean the Queen - they like to stir me about it so I give as good as I get and generally embrace the Moniker to raise their ire even more. It is an ongoing joke . . . but I think that this card with Soho Subway is a great play on words because I am sending it to one of my team who has been particularly helpful over the past few months: 
The base card is Early Espresso mounted with Blushing Bride which I have embossed with the Alphabet Press TIEF. This embossing folder works so well with a number of the pages from the Soho Subway DSP that I don't often look past it I am afraid.

I love the marquee style stamp in the Starburst Sayings stamp set and have stamped it here in Summer Starfruit and Blushing Bride ink and cut them out with the matching Starburst Framelit Dies. I also stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set in Early Espresso and cut it out at the same time and mounted it on the starburst shaped Essentials Wooden Elements piece. I cut an additional starburst in Summer Starfruit.
Like yesterday's post I used a piece of Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon which is being retired at the end of June (along with the inks, card and other products in the 2012-2014 In Colour family). And I added some gold Watercolour Wonder Designer Washi Tape because the tones go so well together.

Isn't interesting how different a card can appear when it is made in portrait layout instead of landscape (as yesterday's was)?  Hope you are getting some ideas.

Thanks
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni