Thursday, June 25, 2015

Perfect Pairs - Hawaiian Trip Achievers Blog Hop


Can you believe that it's been a month since our last hop? So much has happened, the new 2015-16 Catalogue has launched and there are so many delicious new stamp sets, papers, tools and products! I am excited, my customers and I have been busy working out wish lists (which seem to keep on growing) and I am starting to build up a new collection of favourite stamps and colour combos. . . let me know if you would like a catalogue mailed to you or if I can help with any of your crafting needs.

I am so excited to be part of this month's blog hop.  There are so many talented people amongst the Grand Vacation Achievers and their projects this month are really inspiring!

This month's theme is Perfect Pairs and we needed to pair something from the old cattie with something from the new. Here is my creation:
I have used Kinda Eclectic, Petite Petals and Beautiful Bunch from the old cattie, Butterfly Basics from the Occasions Cattie (now carried over) and paired them with Awesomely Artistic and Birthday Blossoms from the new Catalogue.
The base card is Mossy Meadow cardstock lined inside with Very Vanilla. I mounted the front with Watermelon Wonder cardstock and the base for stamping is another square of Very Vanilla which I embossed with the Brick Wall TIEF. I daubed the edges of the bricks and other areas with Crumb Cake Classic Ink.  The fern leaves from Butterfly Basics is stamped in Mossy Meadow directly onto the textured background as are the little scatter flowers from Awesomely Artistic in Crumb Cake.
I stamped the two flower images from Beautiful Bunch (2 times) and Birthday Blossom and five of the detailed flower from Petite Petals in Black StazOn Ink on Very Vanilla. I then coloured them with Watermelon Wonder with Cherry Cobbler Close to the centres using an aqua painter. I punched the flowers with the Fun Flower, Pansy and Petite Petals Punches (you will see that I coloured outside the lines to the very edge of the punch ~ brave right lol). I daubed the edges with Tangelo Twist to add a bit more contrast to the colours. I then shaped the backs of the petals with a bone folder, stylus and the piercing mat.  I cut one of  the largest flowers into six separate petals and stuck them a little off centre behind the main flower.

I coloured the centres of the flowers in Crumb Cake and then added dots of Soft Suede and White using the Stampin' Write Marker and Gel Pen. I coated them with Crystal Effects to draw the centres out a little.  The leaves from Kinda Eclectic are stamped in Black StazOn Ink, painted with Moss Meadow, fussy cut and shaped with a stylus and piercing mat.  I added silicon (Selley's All-Purpose Sealer) behind the flower petals and the leaves to maintain their shape.

The dragon fly from Awesomely Artistic is stamped direct on the card in Smokey Slate Classic Ink. I stamped a second dragon fly on a scrap of Very Vanilla and fussy cut the wings out, shaped them with a stylus and piercing mat, added silicon to the back to keep the curved shape and adhered the wings on top of the stamped image. The iridescent effect is Dazzling Details..
I love the new Expressions Natural Elements in the new catalogue. This is a great way to add a salutation without stamping. I wanted the greeting to pop so I covered the timber embellishment with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and adhered it to the card with Crystal Effects.
You can see the dimension in the card - I think it's quite effective and the great thing is that the silicon is light so won't add to postage cost and will avoid being flattened in the process.

I hope you have enjoyed this project and are motivated to try the techniques I have used.  Take the time to check out the rest of the bloggers on the hop - the creations are diverse and awesome! 

Enjoy the rest of the hop!
Shanni xx
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

19 comments:

  1. I My Gosh, I knew you would do something over the top amazing Shannean, this is stunning! I'm Gobsmacked!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannean my friend - everything you do is an absolute work of art!! Love love LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Shannean - I love your romantic eclectic style. Hits the spot every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That's all i've got! Oh my gosh... amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible!!! I am so impressed you were so brave and coloured outside the lines because it looks so good! The silicon is a great idea. Love the different colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning work of art this card is, Shannean. LOVE. IT. !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok when are you coming to visit or when can I come visit so you can teach me to make my brick wall look like that???

    ReplyDelete
  8. The time, the detail, the execution - FABULOUS!!!! Truly a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is full of absolutely stunning effects and precision detail; it's an amazing card! What a labor of love! Lucky is the person who receives this card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is simply stunning. I just sat and looked at it for such a long time. Thanks for all the details on how it came together. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy majoly Shannean, this is absolutely amazing LOVE the layers. Totally in love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. STUNNING card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely beautiful! I really appreciate all the steps you shared for the stamping and putting together...several new ideas for this old stamper to give a try...(quite like the idea of colouring outside the lines of the flowers!) thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni