Thursday, March 15, 2018

Fancy Folds - Double Z Fold Cards

So great to be back for another Fancy Folds Design Team hop. Happy March and it's the last month of Sale-a-Bration so the last opportunity to get a bargain or two!

Satomi's card this month is so beautiful. I hope you enjoyed her ideas. I am always inspired by Satomi's style.

This is my card:
I followed Dawn Griffith's easy YouTube tutorial but changed the measurements out so that the base or back card is square and the top layer was adjusted to be 41/2" x 11" with co-ordinating score lines at half and a quarter.

The base card is Basic Black card mounted with squares of the Petal Passion Designer Series Paper. I love the black and white papers and think that they complement any occasion. You will see that the feature panel on the front or the small "z" is Basic Black also but has been mounted with Whisper White panels.


I stamped the roses image from the Petal Palette stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and coloured the roses in Dark Cherry Cobbler, Light Cherry Cobbler, Dark Pink Pirouette and Light Pink Pirouette Stampin' Blends. The leaves were coloured in Dark and Light Old Olive Stampin' Blends. I fussy cut the images. I stamped the images 3-4 times. I cut leaves off and separated the flowers to make them look a little more individual.


Depth and layers on card fronts are one of my favourite things so I cut a Cherry Cobbler circle using the Stitched Edge Framelit Circle and then mounted it with a slightly smaller circle in Whisper White. I dimensionalised this aspect and stuck the roses on with glue dots and kind of draped them over the edges.  I added the remaining roses to the next two panels.
To add texture and interest I also cut a few Silver Glimmer Paper and Basic Black leaves and buds from the Sweet Cake Framelit Dies. I also used some of the silver embossed vellum features from the Sweet Soiree Embellishment Kit.
The sentiments are from the Petal Passion stamp set simply stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on the card direct and on a piece of Vellum Card and punched out using a label punch. I wanted the suggestion of shadow and texture.
I hope you have enjoyed the project and that you continue on the hop! Check out Tanja's amazing project ~ I love this woman's style!

Until next month! Sparkle like a star!
Shanni xx

Order of the March Blog Hop 
1.Gina Connor (UK) 
2.Satomi Wellard (Japan) 
3.Shannean Moncrieff (Australia) that's me!
4. Tanja Kolar (Germany) 
5.Aude Barbara (France) 
6.Miranda Mols (Netherland) 
7. Astrid Hofman (Austria) 
8.Connie Stewart (USA)

3 comments:

  1. Wow!It's gorgeous!! Really elegant. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your card. it's really elegant. (o, and about my coloring, it was al DSP, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is truly amazing... as you my friend. This card would perfectly fit to my personal "Shannean wall of fame"
    Greetings to you my friend from good old germany (it´s not nice here at this moment)
    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni