Saturday, September 9, 2017

Fancy Folds - Simple Pocket Card

Welcome back to another Fancy Folds Design Team blog hop. This month we are doing Simple Pocket Cards. Yu have possibly just come from Aude's blog - isn't her project cute?

Here's mine:
I followed the YouTube Tutorial but varied the design again by using a 12"x 12" card base which I simply cut a 6"x 6" square from one corner so that it's a square card with the pocket front.

The base card is Whisper White and it was basically 3 squares that fold together with the front being the pocket as per the tutorial and the cack section being a standard card. I wanted to be able to slip some gift cards in the front and write a bigger message in the back and I also like my cards to have a little weight in them.
It's never too early to start getting Christmas cards together and this year is no exception especially with the beautiful new Holiday Mini! The inside of my card and the note card are both lined with Gold Foil Card Stock and Whisper white is the "canvas" in both instances.

I also feature the Year of Cheer Specialty Designer Series Paper because it's my favourite and I can't resist gold and silver for the festive season.

I stamped the Little Drummer Boy Silhouette from Musical Season stamp set using Early Espresso ink onWhisper White card and I cut the stamped image out with the matching framelit frontage Musical Instruments Framelit Dies. Both Sentiments are from the Musical Season stamp set and stamped in Early Espresso which contrasts nicely with silver and gold and is not as stark as black.
I embossed the "note tag" with the snowflake Winter Wonder TIEF - it's beautiful but I wanted it slightly off the card. I basically lined it up on the card stock so that it could still fit through the threat of the Big Shot. I embellished with a few rhinestones because it's Christmas and that's what we do - sparkle!
The words were perfect for the "theme" of the card.
The embellishment is a gold foil star from the Foil Snowflakes Embellishment pack. I layered this on top Gold Metallic Thread which is toused at the back and some Gold Mini Sequin Trim. 
I added some contrasting snow flakes in Silver Glimmer Paper and Silver Foil Card Stock which I cut out using the border thinlit from the Swirly Snowflakes Thinlit Dies (I just trimmed these up with scissors). You might notice that I added a rhinestone to the centre of two of them. The stamped image is dimensionalised on the top.
So the whole card is really simple and I know I will be making a heap of them as gift cards are the best presents for family and friends further afield.
I hope you got some inspiration from the hop today.  Don't leave us yet though - please check out Miranda's creation this month!
Until next month- get your sparkle on!
Shanni xx

Blog Hop Order September

Monica Gale (United Kingdom)
Satori Willard (Japan)
Tanja Kolar (Germany)
Aude Barbara (France)
Shannean Moncrieff (Australia) that's me!
Miranda Mols-Heidenrath (Netherlands)
Astrid Hoffman (Austria)
France Martin (United States)

4 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous!! I love how you used metallic thread and gold sequin trim together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Thanks for the idea I am going to make something like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannni, this card is so gorgeous and breathtaking. I'm loving it. The paper is also one of my favorites. I bought a couple of packs so I should have some left. I want to make a gazillion of them. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni