Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Peaceful Petals Resist #1

I am loving the new set Peaceful Petals in the Occasions Mini Catalogue it is so versatile and the flower images are each unique and different. I have used it heaps and am using it this week for a series of classes. . .

The theme for the classes is "resist" as I want my customers to get value for money I like to teach them a heap of techniques with one stamp set so that they understand that they don't need to own every stamp set in the cattie in order to create beautiful cards. This is the first card that the class will be doing:
I have used the single flower image from the Peaceful Petals stamp set. I stamped it on a post-it and fussy cut it so that I could use it as a mask.  I stamped the flower in Staz On Jet Black on a piece of Whisper White cardstock, covered it with the post-it note mask and then using a Stampin' Sponge I rubbed Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze ink across the masked image.
Because the image is covered when you remove the mask the image is the original colour of the cardstock. Next I punched the image and coloured background out with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch and mounted it on a piece of Basic Black cardstock which I cut with the Windows Frames Collection Framelit Dies and mounted the piece with dimensionsals.

The sentiment is from the set as well, although this image would be good for any occasion.

See you soon!
Shanni x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shanni. This is such a great technique the end result is quite effective. Love the colour combination you have used, very striking.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni