Thursday, April 10, 2014

Tag a Bag Gift Boxes & Mixed Bunch a Great Combo

Stampin' Up! is all about paper craft - cards, scrapping, off the page and packaging. . .I love that I can make a card and match it with the envelope and the wrapping or packaging. Here is an example of a Tag a Bag Gift Box that I decorated recently:
I love the dimensions of these Tag a Bag Gift Boxes - they can fit craft tools, products, cookies and any kinds of knick-knacks. They come flat packed so they can be stored in the drawer until you need to package something up. The lovely acetate covers mean that you can see what is inside and match the decoration with the contents.
The white filigree flowers from Mixed Bunch have been stamped in Staz On White Ink ~ it does take a little while to dry but the effect is well worth the wait. The beauty of the acetate covers is that it can be stamped flat and then you can fold them on a different seam and stamp the next facet. The Burlap Ribbon is a brilliant accessory and compliment to the box.
I wanted to co-ordinate the tag that I used on the Burlap Ribbon with the colours, tone and theme of the box. I punched the large "bread tag" out of Natural Composition Specialty DSP - the clear embossed pattern on the DSP matches the theme of the balance of the project. Across this I adhered a tag embossed with the "I think you are Amazing" sentiment from Chalk Talk and cut out with the matching Chalk Talk Framelit Die. I daubed the edges after heat embossing with gold emboss powder.
The final aspect of this embellishment is the flower which is a double layered. The card at the back is Soft Suede cardstock punched with the Blossom Punch and textured using the Beautifully Baroque TIEF. Just behind the flower in place of a leaf is a piece of Burlap Ribbon to tie in with the belly ribbon around the box and a piece of Victorian Crochet Trim - for texture and in fitting with the theme.
The top layer of the flower is heat embossed white emboss powder on Vellum using the flower from Mixed bunch. I have then punched out the stamped image with the Blossom Punch and set the Large Pearl Jewel in the centre.

I made 40 of these for Shanni's Stampin' Retreat and filled them with Lindt chocolates, a Blender Pen, a White Stampin' Chalk Marker and a dauber or two. . .

Hope you are loving these boxes too,
Shanni x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni