I am so excited I was a Featured Artisan on the Paper Craft Crew blog for Challenge #86 and I feel so motivated to share another of my creations as a consequence. Thanks so much folks!
So the PCCCS#88 Challenge for this week is:
The colours in the DSP are unique and look kind of rusty and oxidised so I wanted to keep to those tones. I mounted the whole card on a square piece of Not Quite Navy to tie in with the gun metal grey and chose to make the "tag" element out of Smoky Slate cardstock. I stamped Off the Grid on the Smoky Slate in the same coloured ink and cut it out using the bread tag shape from Chalk Talk Framelit Dies. I used Baked Brown Sugar to daub the perimeter so that it would look rusty.
I know that my two strips of DSP at the back are a bit wider than intended by the PCCCS but I wanted to show off the wooden lettered page of the Soho Subway DSP to it's full extent - its so divine!
Given that the sketch has a brad right at the top of the tag I was a little stumped as the whole card would be a bit too busy with another embellishment, so I decided to add some texture in place of the brad. The frayed Burlap Ribbon and Linen Thread around the top right hand corner is in place of this element. I wanted something to balance the other corner and thought that this was just enough.
The three embellishment aspects in the top left hand corner are a a dark wooden button from the Natural Designer Buttons with a Linen Thread tie off. The Baked Brown Sugar embellishment from the Inn Colour Boutique Details pack and a stamped button from the Notable Notions stamp set stamped in Smoky Slate, punched with the 1/2" Circle Punch and daubed around the edges.
I stamped the fob watch in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla and then I stamped a separate face with hands on the same cardstock in Baked Brown Sugar and punched it out with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch and daubed the edges with the same coloured ink. Of course I had to fussy cut it out. The brad in the centre is from Vintage Trinkets. I then used Crystal Effects to add some gloss and it blurred the stamped image a bit making it look older. It also brought out the green tone in the Early Espresso ink which I was a little worried about to begin with but became accustomed to.
The cogs from the Clockworks set were stamped in Baked Brown Sugar on Very Vanilla. I fussy cut the larger of the cogs and punched the smaller one out with the 1/2" Circle Punch and daubed the edges of both with Baked Brown Sugar and a bit of Smoky Slate ink.
Occasions Catalogue. I also used it on the top left hand corner of the card to balance the whole layout.
Thanks for the inspiration Paper Craft Crew!