Saturday, April 19, 2014

Peaceful Petals Resist #3

Peaceful Petals from the Occasions Mini Catalogue is my favourite stamp set at the moment. I have had a class this week which is based around this stamp set and the many resist techniques that are available for use with a set like this.

Card number 3 is Baked Brown Sugar base with a Whisper White mounted piece as the blank canvas.
I have heat embossed the bunch of flowers from the Peaceful Petals stamp set in white embossing powder on the left hand side of the card. I then stamped over the flowers with En Francais using Baked Brown Sugar ink. The heat embossed stamps resisted this stamp image. Off to the right I used the mid sized sploshes from Gorgeous Grunge to balance the images; these are stamped in Baked Brown Sugar.

I then daubed the background starting from the left hand side in Crumb Cake ink and gradually on the right hand side in Soft Sky ink. Once again the heat embossed stamped images resisted the ink and the daubing of the ink toned down the script stamped area to make the background a little more subtle.
I used Burlap Ribbon to tie in with the colour scheme and base card. The sentiment is from the Too Kind stamp set this time stamped in Very Vanilla cardstock in Baked Brown Sugar. I have punched the sentiment out using the Label Bracket Punch which has carried over from the Holiday Mini Catalogue.

Finally I added the tiny Pearl Jewels to the centres of the flowers to add a bit of luxury and a middle sized one to the sentiment.

Hope that you have learned some new applications.
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni