Friday, October 3, 2014

The Paper Players #215

I am awed by the number of challenges and sketch challenges there are this week. . . it is amazing when you are actively looking for something, that you see that thing everywhere. You know what I am talking about ~ when you decide to buy a particular model of car suddenly you see those cars everywhere? That's how I am with challenges at the moment lol.

This is the lovely sketch bought to you this week by The Paper Players - Sketch Challenge #215 looks like this:
This is my interpretation of the sketch:
I was a little stumped with my dimensions so decided to make a landscape card. The base card is Night of Navy card stock mounted with Soft Suede card stock. I then used Very Vanilla as my stamping base card stock.  I stamped the World Map background stamp in Night of Navy Classic Ink and daubed the edges of the card with Crumb Cake Classic Ink.

The six individual images are from the Traveler stamp set. I love this set as it has a vintage, steam punk feel to it but I find that it is limited in its application. I am going to challenge myself over the coming weeks to use it more frequently so stay tuned!
I stamped the camera, train, suitcase, globe and ship in Soft Suede Classic Ink on Very Vanilla card stock and punched the images out using the Postage Stamp Punch. I thought this punch shape would add to the vintage feel of the card that I was aiming for. I daubed the edges of each punch out with Crumb Cake Classic Ink and then mounted the images on squares of Soft Suede card stock to pop them off the map a bit. I cut the squares using the smallest square from the Framelits Squares Collection.
To add some texture I used Linen Thread around the stamped base card. The sentiment is from A Dozen Thoughts, stamped in Night of Navy Classic Ink on Very Vanilla, hand cut in a pennant shape and daubed around the edges with Crumb Cake Classic Ink. I mounted it dimensionals and inserted an Antique Brad for added texture and interest.

Bon voyage!
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni