Saturday, October 4, 2014

Tall & Skinny Mojo Monday #365

Wish that I could be described this way - tall and skinny - I tend to avoid cards like this as they are often awkward to make but I decided to challenge myself this week by partaking in the sketch challenge being run by Mojo Monday.

This is Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #365:
And this is my interpretation:
My base card is Lost Lagoon which I have lined inside with Whisper White and I used a piece of Whisper White on the front which I embossed with the Arrows TIEF - I made sure that the arrows were pointing in the same direction as my pennants. I also mounted a piece of Early Espresso card stock at the top of the card embossed with the Large Polka Dot TIEF.

I wanted to feature the Amazing Birthday stamp set as it really lends itself to pennant themed cards. I stamped out the large stamp in Early Espresso Classic Ink on Whisper White card stock. I cut this using the Pennants Framelit Dies. Next I stamped the same stamp in Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey Classic Ink pads and fussy cut the "make" rectangle and the "amazing" pennant and mounted both on the Early Espresso stamped image with dimensionals. I daubed the edges of the pennant with Early Espresso Classic Ink.
The Early Espresso Bakers Twine is for texture and because I can never quite bring myself to leave pennants on cards bare (just like buttons lol).
 The stripey pennant is a stamp from the Amazing Birthday stamp set, stamped in Hello Honey Classic Ink on Whisper White. The spotty Lost Lagoon pennant was cut from the stamped large "make today ridiculously amazing" image that I stamped and cut the "make" element from earlier (waste not want not. . .) and the chevron DSP behind both these is from the All Abloom DSP stack.

For the finishing touch I could not resist the Lost Lagoon Printed Clothespin embellishments! I am quite literal when it comes to pennants. Hope that the overall effect was worth it though!

Awesome!
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni