Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Fab Friday Stamping Challenge #51

Back into the challenges again this week folks and stumbled across this terrific challenge from the crew at Fab Friday Stamping Challenges and thought that I would give it a go.  I saw that the design team had a strong Christmas influence and because I am not yet into all of the festivities of the holidays (give it a few weeks. . .) I needed to think out side the box.

This is the Fab Friday Challenge Sketch #51:
 Here is my take on the challenge:
I have used a Crumb Cake card base for this card mounted it with Whisper White and another piece of Crumb Cake card stock which I heat embossed with the leaves from Kinda Eclectic (my fave set at the mo).

For added texture and to comply with the pennant component of the challenge, I layered the Crumb Cake Stripped Grosgrain Ribbon with Burlap Ribbon and Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon.
The flower is the Blended Bloom coloured using the Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities. The centre is coloured using the Mocha, Bronze and Nude from the Skin Tone Blendabilities collection. I then glossed it up with Crystal Effects.

Voila!
Shanni xx


4 comments:

  1. Stunning! The neutrals look so great with that vibrant red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning was my first impression, too! I love how you used ribbon as your pennants! Great idea! Your flower is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that Crystal Effects looks even better in person! Great idea to give it some gloss! The neutrals paired with the red looks awesome! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card!! Love the color combo and the glossy flower!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni