Thursday, October 9, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #95 - A Wedding Card

Classic sketch challenge this week over at CAS(E) this Sketch the design crew have picked a hard one especially when you focus on the fact that you need to keep the card "clean and simple".

This is CTS #95
Sigh. . . I was a little daunted as I usually make shabby chic projects and am right out of my comfort zone. . . but I do need a wedding card so this is what I came up with:
White on white base card - Whisper White is so silky and smooth it is the perfect backdrop for wedding cards. I mounted this with a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper which always looks so luxurious and glamorous!
I stitched some White Organza Ribbon in the pleated pattern to hold it stead and mounted it across the glimmer paper to have a contrast of satin across glitter ~ hopefully it brings to mind diamonds and satin.
Hunting for the perfect sentiment was the hardest part as we have so many lovely greetings in our range but I finally decided upon the silver embossed "mr & mrs" from the Love Story Project Life® Accessories Pack as it seemed to match the overall simplicity of the card. You can see the dimension above.

Love it!
Shanni

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni