Thursday, August 27, 2015

Grand Vacation Achievers Holiday Cattie Sneak Peek



Christmas is just around the corner and there is no better time to start all of your projects and your cards because the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue starts on 1 September!

The Grand Vacation Achievers are giving you a sneak peek of the awesome stamp sets and products available in this holiday season's cattie.  Here is my card:
I have done something a little outside the box using the Delicate Ornament Thinlet Dies - instead of using them for cutting out either cardstock, designer series paper or a stamped image I have used them to emboss Silver Foil Sheet.

The card is 6" square Night of Navy cardstock base lined with Whisper White and mounted on the front with a square of Silver Fancy Foil Designer Vellum. I love the diagonal lines and associate the pattern with traditional Christmas wrapping papers.

I embossed the Silver Foil cardstock with the three decorative ornaments from the Delicate Ornament Thinlet Dies - I simply turned the thinlets over and placed the cardstock on the non-cutting surface and passed it through the Big Shot.
I stamped the holly image from the Embellished Ornaments on the Silver Foil with Staz On Jet Black ink. I masked the image a little so that I could stamp the holly tumbling over both sides of the ornament. I coloured the leaves with a Mossy Meadow Stampin' Write Marker. I punched out small circles of Red Glimmer Paper using the 3.2mm Circle Handheld Punch and adhered the red glimmer dots with TomBow Glue. I wanted a little aspect to pop.

The sentiment is from Embellished Ornaments in StazOn. I am certain that this set is going to be a global favourite this season as I have already made a few projects in preparation for workshops and classes.

Finally I added the Silver 1.6cm Satin Ribbon bow so that the large ornament would feature as the main focal point of the card.
I hope that you have enjoyed this blog hop and the amazing creations that everyone has come up with. . . until next time!

Happy planning
Shanni xx

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Shannean! You are so clever! I love how beautiful your projects are!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, your work is extraordinary! Thanks for sharing and hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning!!! Love you heaps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Shannean. Love the silver and Navy combination and the coloured holly is a master touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You for the inspiration Shannean :) This is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely gorgeous classy card. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an innovative use of this Thinlet...and thank you for pointing out the stamped holly. It's absolutely a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful & classy card; TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how did you just emboss without cutting through cardstock all the way? love this will have to copy when I can get this die.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were definitely thinking out of the box. That is the prettiest card I've seen using that thinlet. I bet the butterfly thinlet would be stunning as well. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow what a great idea! Love your card! X Erna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni