Friday, October 10, 2014

Mojo Monday #366 - Typeset & Bloom with Hope

I loved this week's challenge set by the design team at Mojo Monday because it had so many possibilities. . . I loved the concept of layering.

Sketch #366 looks like this courtesy of Julee Tilman:
I opted for a square card. The base card is Very Vanilla mounted on Basic Black card stock.  On the vanilla card I mounted a square piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock, then layered this with another piece of Basic Black and finally added the square of Typeset Specialty Designer Series Paper - I love how this DSP feels like rice paper but is so strong and able to be distressed (although I resisted in this instance lol).  This is my interpretation of the sketch:
Cherry Cobbler Sheer Linen Ribbon is to die for and only available in the Holiday Mini Catalogue - it is so nice to work with and it ties beautifully in bows and knots. I thought that the card would look too busy if I tied the ribbon so simply opted for the beauty of its texture beneath the card stock elements.

The Cherry Cobbler card stock beneath the stamped images was embossed with the Large Polka Dot TIEF ~ this is a classic embossing folder that has so versatile. On top of this I placed a piece of Very Vanilla stamped with the leaves from the Bloom with Hope exclusive Hostess stamp set in Mossy Meadow Classic Ink. I daubed the edges of the card with Crumb Cake Classic Ink to age the image a little.
The sentiment "hello there" comes from another exclusive Hostess stamp set aptly named Hello There. I stamped the greeting in Memento Black Tuxedo Ink and masked the words with a post it note prior to stamping the two flowers stamps from Bloom with Hope in the same ink.
 I coloured the flowers using all three of the Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Blendability pens and used the Skin Tone Blendies for the flower centres. I daubed the edges with Crumb Cake Classic Ink and mounted the stamped image with dimensionals to pop it a little from the background. As a final touch I used Crystal Effects on the greeting as it seemed to meld in with the flowers too much.

Cheers
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni