Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Corner Garden Colouring

I simply love the latest floral background stamp from Stampin' Up! - Corner Garden. . . I have so many possibilities in mind for this stamp and find myself using it for a range of reasons.

It lends itself to colouring, paper piercing and so much more so stay tuned as I am sure that it will get quite the work out.

Today's project involves Blendabilities®. I wanted to stamp the image and highlight one flower only. I stamped the background stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White card stock which is mounted on a Whisper White base card. This is the result when I coloured with the Cherry Cobbler set of Blendabilities and the lightest shade of the Pumpkin Pie set:
I wanted the flower to pop and I think that this colour scheme certainly does. I started with the darkest shade in the set and worked through to the lightest. Quite dramatic right?

Here is a closer look so that you can see all my mistakes lol:
You can see that I concentrated the darker colours in the centre of the flower and at the base of the petals.

This is how the same image looks coloured with the Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities and the Blush pen from the Skin Tone set:
I personally prefer the red flower as I am not a fan of pink but it gives a completely different impact. Once again I used all three tones in the set and finished the flower with the Blush tone from the Skin Tone set.
I think that the close up shows how poorly blended the colours are yet it still seems to work on some level. . . It is all still a work in progress and my goal is to colour the entire stamped image soon.

Enjoy!
Shanni

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a big impact with just the one flower coloured. Amazing how different the two cards look in two different colours. I too prefer the more vibrant Cherry/Pumpkin - beautifully dramatic for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni