Friday, March 28, 2014

Pen Inked Blessed Easter

I think that the sketched lines of the Blessed Easter stamp set in the Occasions Mini Catalogue makes it a versatile set although at first glance people may think that it is only useful for Easter cards. . .

I have challenged myself to use the set in a few different ways and this post is dedicated to two very simple approaches.

Ever wanted to know an additional use for Stampin' Write Markers? They are terrific for inking up and stamping with stamps.  The beauty of this method of inking is that you can use different colours for different areas of the stamp. Obviously with a floral stamp it is possible to ink up different flowers and leaves in different colours.

Another advantage is that you need only ink up the areas that you want to stamp - for example you can leave off the greeting on a stamp set that would otherwise only apply to one situation.

Always remember to huff on your stamp before applying it to the cardstock to make sure that you get an even cover (some parts of the inked stamp may dry whilst you are inking up other areas).

This is an example of what I am talking about:
I have a heap of Watercolour Wonder DSP scraps that I am wanting to use rather than store with the view to using down the track so I am forcing myself to make square cards and the likes with smaller pieces of  DSP.  The base card for this project is Island Indigo and the card is 10cm x 10cm.  I love the blue and green frangipani styled DSP page and thought it would go perfectly with a watercolour style stamp. I picked the Blessed Easter set because the stamped image looks like it has been sketched.  The lines are not solid and it has a very "arty" feel about it.

I inked up this stamp with Island Indigo and Wild Wasabi Stampin' Write markers.  The greeting is from So Very Grateful and stamped in Island Indigo.

Next project is a slightly different colour scheme but identical approach:
The base card is Island Indigo cardstock. I have mounted a piece of the washed watercolour pages from the Watercolour Wonder DSP and inked up the stamp using Daffodil Delight and Wild Wasabi Stampin' Markers.  The sentiment is stamped in Island Indigo.

I added the piece of ribbon from my scraps and thought that the staple was an added touch of texture.

This stamped image would also be terrific for sympathy, get well and thinking of you cards - a versatile set and well priced when you think of it in different terms!

Stay inspired
Shanni

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni