Saturday, March 15, 2014

Flower Shop - the One Stop Shop

Don't you just love it when stamp sets co-ordinate with punches or dies? It sure takes the guessing out of what to do with them and certainly beats fussy cutting.

One of the cutest stamp sets in the Annual Catalogue is Flower Shop - it contains six pretty flower stamps which all co-ordinate with a terrific little punch - the Pansy Punch!

The different patterns on the flowers which are all the same shape lend themselves to different projects.  You will have seen on recent posts that I have used the Flower Shop flowers in some of the projects incorporating the Sale-a-Bration products and I thought that I would share a few more today.
I am loving the Coastal Cabana cardstock, inks and designer series papers - the paper on this project is found in the 2013-2015 Designer Series Paper Stacks. This light aqua blue is such a cool colour ~ its clean and fresh looking in any project.

The stamps used on this card are Flower Shop (stamped in Staz On Black ink), the leaves from Simply Sketched (a hostess set that you can purchase for free for the hostess benefits price of $24 [which actually costs you nothing] when you have sales or purchases of $300). I have punched the flowers out using the Pansy Punch and dimensionalised them to pop them up off the project. And the background stamp is from Gorgeous Grunge
I coloured the flowers using an Aqua Painter and the Coastal Cabana classic ink pad. Of course the matching Ruffle Stretched Trim and Linen Thread add texture and finish off the tag embellishment which I cut using the Apothecary Accents Framelit dies and Big Shot.

A contrasting card using the same stamp set is this one:
I have used the colours - Pistachio Pudding, Sahara Sand and Basic Black - I took my inspiration from the SAB Sweet Sorbet DSP.  This is a solid flower stamp and I have contrasted the solid images with the background stamp - I used the floral branches stamp from the Morning Meadow Hostess stamp set. You can earn the Morning Meadow set for free with $300 in sales/purchases.
The bling in the centre of the flowers adds that additional wow touch. The Large Rhinestone Jewels are so dazzling. I have stuck a thin strip of Basic Black cardstock across the Pistachio Pudding cardstock which was embossed (see it behind the flowers) using the Decorative Dots TIEF that is free in the Sale-a-Bration cattie.

Sweet!
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni