Tuesday, March 18, 2014

February Team Challenge

The Stampin' Up!  Paper Belles (my team) are a group of talented and enthusiastic crafters - they make the most amazing cards, scrapping pages and off the page projects and constantly inspire me to continue crafting. There is nothing better than getting together to craft or having a reason to craft.

I try to issue a challenge each month to the team and there are usually prizes involved for the best submission. This month's prize was the new Boutique Textured Embossing Machine from Sizzix and Stampin' Up! which demonstrators are allowed to purchase pre-release in the new cattie in July.

The "Tee-key" as it has been christened by my team (because it goes so well with the Shottie [the Big Shot]) must have been an inspiring prize because I had a record number of entries and was hard pressed to pick a winner. . . but more about that in a later post.

The challenge this month - use the colours Crisp Cantaloupe, Basic Grey and Gold together along with a stamped image, texture and a minimum of one brad.  All products must be current and you can add additional colours.  Now a lot of the team told me that this was a really difficult colour combination so I needed to put a project together to give myself peace of mind that it was do-able.

Here is my project:
The base card is Basic Grey, I mounted a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe on top of that and used the Sale-a-Bration Sweet Sorbet DSP page that was all tonal values of Crisp Cantaloupe.

I stamped a flower from the Flower Shop stamp set in Gold Encore Ink and punched it out using the Pansy Punch.  I also stamped one of the flowers from Petite Petals in Basic Grey and Crisp Cantaloupe on Very Vanilla cardstock and punched them out with the matching punch.

To add texture I embossed a piece of the Window Sheet acetate with the Beautifully Baroque TIEF. I layered this over a piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper and another piece of Basic Grey cardstock.  Then I stuck the flowers down with dimensionals and glue dots.  You will see that I also cut some additional Champagne Glimmer Paper with the Secret Garden Framelit Dies leaf shape.

The sentiment comes from the Lots of Thanks set from the Annual Catalogue, stamped in Basic Grey on Very Vanilla cardstock and punched with the Decorative Label Punch (which I trimmed so that it had a flat side and did not draw attention away from the flower arrangement).

The brad is from the Antique Brads pack and is combined with some Linen Thread for texture.

So glad that it came together - I was able to motivate the team confidently once I knew it could be done!

Cheers
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni