Monday, March 17, 2014

Enjoy Off the Grid

I adore the Off the Grid background stamp and like to use it on masculine cards and projects but I was thinking the other day about how it could be used on a less manly card and decided to do some experimenting. . .

The stamp reminds me of a damaged fly screen and I love how it is a bit rustic and a bit grungy (not even sure if that is a real word) but it suits what I am trying to convey. I can imagine this type if pattern occurring naturally in an industrial setting. It immediately brings to mind graffiti and because of this my mind turned to colour.

I wanted to introduce colour but not strong primary colours; soft subtle new in colours. . . So I used Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party and Daffodil Delight although I was a little worried about how this bright yellow would blend in.
I started by heat embossing the Off the Grid stamp in white embossing powder (with Versamark water mark ink). Next I daubed the colours on direct from the ink pads. The embossed areas resist the ink and ink only sticks to the background (this of course is a technique referred to as emboss resist). Finally I stamped the word "enjoy" from the Simply Celebrate set in the Occasions Mini Catalogue in Staz On Jet Black Ink.

The Pool Party twine is from the Sweet Sorbet Accessories Kit in the Sale-a-Bration cattie which of course was a FREE gift when I spent $90 on product. I added the Rhinestone Jewels because I accidently got a bit of black ink on the coloured area and needed to cover it and of course I couldn't just have one random diamante I had to add two more!

Proof that an otherwise masculine stamp can be used on a girly card.

Colour your world!
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni