Monday, March 31, 2014

Blessed Easter and Paper Piercing

You possibly saw in a post that I shared earlier this week the technique of Paper Piercing which I like to refer to as Paper Piecing?  Well I could not resist trying the technique on another stamp set and what better set than the Blessed Easter floral image?

Here is a card which took about 10 minutes to create:
Base card is Daffodil Delight mounted with Old Olive and all of the stamping has been done on Whisper White cardstock mounted on the green.  I stamped the image on the white card and also on Real Red  and Old Olive in Jet Black Staz On Ink.  I thought that the flowers would be evocative of Easter joy and for me, for some reason I relate the colour red to chocolate. . .

Once I had stamped the images on the coloured cardstock I fussy cut the flowers and leaves out and stuck them on the stamped white cardstock with tombow glue.
The colours are clean, bright and contrast well.  This technique is so crazy easy and always gives great results.

I obviously left the Easter greeting as part of the image. . . after all red. . . chocolate. . . duh!

Until tomorrow,
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni