Sunday, October 21, 2012

Vintage Flavours Everywhere

Have set myself a challenge recently to define my "style".  I love all types of cards and scrapping pages but I do find myself coming back time and time again to vintage or distressed flavoured projects. . .

Here is today's creation:
So I am planning to teach people how to make this little gem on Wednesday night this week. . . it is an unusual combination of colours but it seems to work!

Base card is Cajun Craze (cut with the Scallop Circle Original Die) and I have lined the inside of the card in Very Vanilla which I daubered with Cajun Craze to marry in.  I used the filigree stamp from Everything Eleanor and the words from Curly Cute. Jumbo Pearls give it a bit of luxe! The shape was cut using the Apothecary Accents Framelit Dies.

I ran a piece of Soft Suede through the Big Shot (gotta love that tool) using the Doilly Sizzlet and darkened the edges with soft suede ink.  I then lined the top of it with Very Vanilla again which I was tempted to stamp on but it looked too busy.  To break up all that cream though I added some Little Leaves Sizzlet punch outs in the Comfort Cafe DSP (daubered edges in Soft Suede). 

Final step was the loose rose ~ made from Very Vanilla, daubered with Cajun Craze and punched with the Blossom Punch.  Such an easy flower and quite a dramatic impact I hope.

So I am leaning towards my style being a little bit "old"?!

Until next time
Shanni xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni