Monday, October 8, 2012

Swap Design for Retreat 2012

I was really excited and organised leading up to Retreat this year and then suddenly my time evaporated and I was rushing around at the last minute. . .

This is the swap I did for this year.  The rules are that you need to use current Stampin' Up! products only. 
I wanted to make a card that would suit an anniversary or milestone birthday. . .

So the products from the bottom up are Cherry Cobbler cardstock layered with Very Vanilla.  I then mounted another piece of Very Vanilla which I had run through the Big Shot with the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder.
The Designer Series Paper is First Edition Specialty daubed with Crumb Cake ink. The central feature is the fern from Papaya Collage stamped in Crumb Cake on very Vanilla, mounted on Cherry Cobbler and the lace edge running down each side is Victoria Crochet Trim.
The feature rosette is made from the lacy circle from the Perfect Pennants Die in Cherry Cobbler.  I have layered this with a 2" circle punch out of the Champagne Glimmer Cardstock from the Holiday Catalogue which I adore and a Circle Scallop punch out which I have daubed with Crumb Cake.
The sentiment on the pennant comes from Loving Thoughts and I have embellished the Antique Brad with Cherry Cobbler Scalloped Tulle Ribbon, Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon and Linen Thread.

Of course the whole project had to be sprayed with Champagne Shimmer Paint diluted with rubbing alcohol for that extra bling.

Lovin' it!
Shanni x

7 comments:

  1. Love the layers, Shanni! Saw this on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is So Beautiful Shanni..Love the design..I saw this on MIM..faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Shanni. Love the soft muted colours. Popped in from MIM #110. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and colors Shanni. Spotted this on MIM. Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shanni .Exquisite card! Love the glimmer.Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your color combination. The card looks soo elegant and beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    I saw you at MIM. Mine project is under 148.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shanni, loved your card so I chose it as my POTW this time around on MIM and have featured it on my blog.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni