Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Autumn Leaves are Falling

I watched a You Tube clip by fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator RaeDeen Bittner earlier this week on how to make the leaves punched from the Autumn Accents Original Die look realistic and here is my creation:
I love You Tube - it's where I learn most of my techniques.  There are so many talented people on the web!
So the base card is Early Espresso and I have mounted a piece of the Natural Composition Specialty designer series paper on that ~ the bark embossed one.  Next is a piece of Very Vanilla distressed and daubed with Soft Suede ink.

I have stamped the vanilla cardstock with the words and splash marks from French Foliage then stamped leaves using the rock and roll technique in More Mustard and Cajun Craze and Cajun Craze and Early Espresso.  The splash marks were stamped in Early Espresso and the words in Soft Suede.
Two of the leaves were cut out in Daffodil Delight and the other in Whisper White cardstock.  I then daubed the bottom leaf (which was Daffodil Delight to begin with) with More Mustard and Always Artichoke ink and daubed the edges with Early Espresso.  The splash stamp from French Foliage was stamped on it with second generation Early Espresso.  Scrunched it all up and made it look tired. . .
The middle leaf was also Daffodil Delight. Sponged More Mustard and Cajun Craze ink on this one.  Daubed the edges with Early Espresso and stamped off the splash marks the same as the green and brown below.  Scrunched it up too.  Scrunching makes me happy! I get to rid myself of all my tension. . .
Top leaf was Whisper White to begin with.  Daubed with Cajun Craze, Riding Hood Red and Bravo Burgundy inks and the edges daubed with Early Espresso.  All the other steps used for the others were copied here - scrunching, splashing, etc.  Stuck them all down with dimensionals.  Sprayed the entire card with Champagne Shimmer Paint diluted with rubbing alcohol.

I tied hemp twine, Linen Thread and Crumb Cake Scalloped Tulle Ribbon across the bottom and attached the sentiment so as not to take away from the design but also to look a little like it "fell" onto the card.

Enjoy!
Shanni x

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and I thought you picked real leaves! Great effect. I saw this on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vibrant colours for your leaves, Love your background too. I saw this at MIM. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on MIM and just had to pop in for a closer look. I just love your vibrant colors and how realistic your leaves look!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also thought you had used real leaves...this is stunning!! Such a beautiful card and lovely Autumn colours...Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely project with us this week at Make it Monday...
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Shanni, just wanted to let you know that I chose this beautiful card as my pick of the week on my blog for MIM...
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love Autumn , the season , the colour spectrum and the leaves .Your card is simply beautiful .Rich in colour and texture .
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni