Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Little Bit More Vintage. . .

I am loving the new Stampin' Up! Designer Series Papers and have been trying to make myself use more than the ones that I have already established as my favourites. . . at the moment one of the frequent "go to" suites includes Fan Fair. . .

I have created a vintage card using the lovely muted regal tones in this DSP:
The colours in this paper are Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla but in some lights there is almost a tone of More Mustard. . . so here is the card.  Riding Hood is the base cardstock, I mounted with a piece of Very Vanilla and then mounted a piece of the DSP ~ I didn;t even have to daub it - the image on the paper is muted and looks aged already!

I edged some of the beautiful Crumb Cake Scallop Edged Tulle Ribbon with Champagne Glass Glitter (using Tombow Glue) and then pleated it behind a piece of Very Vanilla which I had edged with Victoria Crochet Lace.  I had stamped the vanilla cardstock with En Francais using Not Quite Navy ink. 

The measuring tape image is from the Fan Fair designer paper set and the leaves are from a new stamp set in the Annual Catalogue, Summer Silhouettes (which I stamped in Garden Green on Very Vanilla cardstock and fussy cut out).

Made the roses with the Fancy Flower punch and then daubered the edges with Riding Hood Red ink.  The word "Happiness" is from the Loving Thoughts stamp set and I thought that a pennant would contrast nicely with the leaves and flowers. . .

Finished off with a bit of Linen Thread and some Bakers Twine in Island Indigo which almost matches the Not Quite Navy printing.

Hope that you like it
Shanni xx

1 comment:

  1. Great vintage feel about this card .Love the flowers and the lace along with that perfect paper .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni