Sunday, June 14, 2015

You've Got This - Really. . . I don't feel so confident!

One of the stamp sets we could buy on the pre-purchase as demonstrators was You've Got This. Between Convention, Grand Vacation and then coming back home to school camps, drs appointments, etc I kinda felt like I missed the boat in using the set to its potential. . . And by the time I got onto the internet, there was a plethora of cards and projects and I was feeling a tad overwhelmed.

Here is my first creation with the set:
I heat embossed the floral image with White Stampin' Emboss Powder on Whisper White card stock. I then masked it by stamping the same image on a post it note and covering the embossed image, then stamped over it with the smudge stamp from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set in Garden Green (stamped off once). I stamped the edge of the card with the hatchered canvas background that comes in the You've Got This set the same way - Garden Green stamped off once.
I dampened the flower and leaves with a clean Aqua Painter to make the paper more porous. I proceeded to colour the flower with Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke. After it had dried - be patient it will pay off - I added a little more of each ink to make sure that there was a "water colour" effect.
I coloured all the way to the centre of the flower. I tried to apply the ink to the petals in a way that allowed the greatest depth of colour at the bases of the petals.
The sentiment is from World of Dreams and is stamped in Cherry Cobbler. Of course the base card is Whisper White with a Cherry Cobbler mount to help the flower and sentiment stand out. . .

Hope you get some inspiration from this. .

Shanni xx
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni