Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Watermelon Wonder You've Got This

I have been trying to figure out different ways to use the Timeless Elegance DSP without simply sticking it on every single project up front and centre where it deserves to be. . .

Here is today's project incorporating the You've Got This stamp set and the Timeless Elegance DSP.

The base card is Very Vanilla. I mounted it on a square of Basic Black cardstock to frame the card. There is also a square of Basic Black cardstock on top of the base card and then on top of that I have included a square of the Timeless Elegance DSP.

I stamped directly on to the DSP using the leaves from Kinda Eclectic in Jet Black StazOn Ink. I wanted some subtle leaves behind the stamped images which would draw your attention to the central feature. I stamped the floral image from You've Got this in Jet Black StazOn Ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and painted the flower in Watermelon Wonder, Soft Suede and Always Artichoke using an aqua painter. I fussy cut them, chopping off the stem at various lengths.

The opaque layer is of course Vellum cardstock cut to the same size as the DSP. I placed two of the coloured floral images on top of the stamped leaves but behind the central image on the top of the card.  I wanted to use the Watermelon Wonder Dotted Lace Trim but not tie any bows or knots because it would have made the card too busy.  The black strip on top of the lace is Basic Black cardstock which I have distressed and torn apart.

I then located the full coloured image on the front over the vellum and other images and on top of the Trim and cardstock strip.  I coasted it with Crystal Effects to make it extra dominant.
The sentiment "Love This" is from the Project Life Remember This set, stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on Very Vanilla and punched out with the Large Oval Punch and simply stuck across the stem.  The three black Candy Dots are for added interest.
I wanted to take a photo without the light reflecting on the Crystal Effects so that you can get a better feel for the depth of colour and full shadows created by the Vellum.

Thanks for visiting
Shanni xx
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni