Saturday, June 13, 2015

Sprinkles of Life - The Newest Rage!

In the past two weeks the most popular stamp set and matching punch in the new 2015-16 Annual Catalogue has been Sprinkles of Life and the Tree Builder Punch. This comes as no surprise as the creations with these little beauties are awesome. . .

Everywhere you look on crafting social media you can spot layered ice creams, sprinkled cup cakes and apple trees with little birdies. . . not to mention rainy clouds, sunny clouds and silver-lined clouds lol!

So it would be remiss of me not to join in the celebration of a cute stamp set and punch. Here's my contribution to the collection:
The new 2015-17 In Colours are proving very popular as well. Here I use Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder and Delightful Dijon.  My base card is Whisper White mounted on a rectangle of Mint Macaron. I then created a double mount with Mint Macaron and Watermelon Wonder.

Cherry on Top DSP pack is the cutest selection of bright and energetic papers for all types of projects. Here I have mounted a spotty piece on Mint Macaron card stock and tied a piece of the beautiful soft Watermelon Wonder Dotted Lace Trim. The sentiment from Hello Life is a perfect accompaniment for the ice cream. I stamped it in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
The ice cream is stamped in Mint Macaron and then I have daubed the card to give it a light and fluffy sense. The sprinkles are stamped in Chocolate Chip ~ couldn't resist! I used the Tree Builder Punch to punch out the ice cream part.  The cone is stamped in Delightful Dijon on Hello Honey card stock as I wanted a contrast. I fussy cut the cone (no punch :-(  but easy- peasy).  I coated the ice cream in Crystal Effects but refrained from using glitter. . . strong I know. I adhered the ice cream cone with Stampin' Dimensionals to create another layer and pop the ice cream.
Inside the card I lined the base card with another piece of Whisper White card cut marginally smaller than the base card because I wanted a little pop up for interest.  This ice cream is stamped in Watermelon Wonder and the one on the right hand edge is stamped in Blushing Bride.
The greatest thing about the Sprinkles of Life stamp set is that from every set sold, Stampin' Up! will donate $3 to the Ronald McDonald House Charities here in Australia - awesome that we are helping others whilst we are having fun with such a terrific set.

My 10 year old daughter has already snaffled the card for a friend's birthday so I know that these are going to be popular with littlies and in-betweens. . .

So cool!
Shanni x
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni