Monday, June 15, 2015

A Different Perspective on You've Got This

What I have noticed so far on a lot of blogs is that ever body who uses this set feels the need to combine the hatchered background with the flower image. . . I love the hatchered canvas look and I love the flower but I think that I am going to use them separately most of the time.

Here is today's card using the You've Got This set:

Base card is Crumb Cake card stock mounted with Whisper White and Soft Suede card stocks. I stamped on the top square of Crumb Cake card stock using the floral stamp from You've Got This in Soft Suede. I stamped the one in the centre first, masked it with a post it note cut out of the same image, then stamped the other two.  On the top right hand corner I used the Updated Essentials Piercing Pack, piercing tool and piercing mat to create some faux stitching. then highlighted it with the White Gel Pen.
The back ground flower is from the Awesomely Artistic set that we received at Leadership at Convention - my favourite set already!  I stamped these flowers in Crumb Cake and masked the larger blooms with the post it not cut out.
Using an Aqua Painter I painted the petals  and leaves of the larger blooms using Whisper White Craft Ink. I wasn't particularly careful, just smooshed the colour around. . .I added detail tot he pollen area with the White Gel Pen and also dotted the centres of the flowers in the background to marry in the theme of whitewashing. . .
The sentiment is from the You've Got This set, stamped in Soft Suede and punched out with the extra Large Oval Punch. I wanted to mount the sentiment on another background to lift it a little but didn't like any of the punches or framelits in the range so I modified a piece of Soft Suede card stock with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. To make this shape I cut a 5cm x 10 cm  (2"x 4") piece of Soft Suede, inserted in the punch for the topper, removed, fashioned up a false length so that I could re-insert the bottom end of the scrap into the punch and voila the shape you see above. Stick the sentiment down with Dimensionals.

I truly believe it too. . . Good things are going to happen!

Shanni xx

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni