Thursday, May 8, 2014

Paper Belles Team Challenge for April

I love having an excuse to craft. I find that if I have a reason to sit down and make something I feel less guilty that I am not cleaning the house, folding the washing or running after the kids. . . With this in mind I am trying to set a monthly challenge for the Paper Belles team members so that they feel inspired and energised when paper crafting.

In April I challenged them to use the following images for inspiration:
There were no other restrictions on the challenge - the project could be a card, scrap page or off the page project and I am delighted to say that I had enthusiastic responses from a lot of the galz.

So I narrowed the projects down to two finalists and today I will be sharing the runner up - Marni's creation.
Marni has made a beautiful card box using the Watercolour Wonder Designer Notecards and the Envelope Punch Board. The colours and the incorporating of floral images marries with the theme of the challenge perfectly.

I love the little details like the Sweet Sorbet papers behind the sentiment and the embellishment using Petite Petals stamped and punched out flowers and glimmer brads.  Note too the Very Vintage Button and twine on the On Film (instant photo) Framelit cut out.

I love that Marni has chosen the stippled blossom image and Tea Party Paper Doily on the latching side of the box. This chick has a real eye for detail!

Thanks for sharing and inspiring Marni!

Cheers
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni