Saturday, May 24, 2014

ABBA and another Swap for Convention

I am not sure if I have mentioned it but Bjorn Again were the guest act at last night's "After Party". Stampin' Up! host the Annual South Pacific Awards Night and then hold a big she-bang to celebrate all the wonderful creativity and inspiration that is Stampin' Up! in Australia and New Zealand.  It was an awesome night. I have sore feet and a croaky voice but had the best time. . .

Here is another swap that I have shared this convention. It is similar in design to one that I taught in class a few weeks back but I love both the stamp set, Peaceful Petals and the technique of Crystal Effects Resist so wanted to share it as a swap at Convention.
 The base card is Coastal Cabana - I wanted something evocative of spring and thought that this light, bright and fresh colour would be perfect. I mounted a piece of Whisper White on the base card. The leaves are stamped in Old Olive and the flowers in Raspberry Ripple.  I coloured the stamped images with an Aqua Painter and the ink colour that they were stamped in.  The Aqua Painter application makes the tone one shade lighter than the outline.
Once the painted areas were dry I went over the leaves and flowers with Crystal Effects so that they would have a high sheen. When the Crystal Effects dried I sponged Coastal Cabana and Soft Sky ink directly onto the background with a dauber. I faded the colours off so that some of the white area was left clear.

The sentiment is from the Six Sides Sampler Stamp Set which has three great little sentiments for all occasions.

I hope that the swap is popular!
Shanni


1 comment:

  1. That's is a lovely card, Shanni. I love the colours you used. And the background on your blog makes the colours pop even more. Our tablecloths at SU aren't black fro nothing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni