Saturday, December 31, 2016

Totally Techniques - Watercolour Wash

2017 is on our door step and it's going to be an incredible year. I can feel it in my bones. . .

Thanks for hopping by, wasn't Amy's creation incredible. We are so lucky to have such creative members on our Totally Techniques Design Team. . .

So this month's technique is Watercolour Wash backgrounds and here is my card:
I thought it only right to make a card to celebrate the start of 2017 and for something different I made a large rectangle (landscape) card. The base card is Basic Black mounted with a rectangle of Gold Foil Card, then a minutely smaller rectangle of Silver Glimmer Paper and then mounted with Whisper White as my stamping canvas.
 I did my watercolour wash background with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and an aqua painter, followed by the smallest smudges of Smokey Slate wash. I think we often forget that the Memento Ink is waterbased and can be used for water colouring in the same way as out classic ink pads. I also wanted to make the strokes in my background quite clear rather than subtle and blurred ~ my goal was to make it look like movement and reflection. . .
I heat embossed the sparklers from the It's a Celebration set in the holiday mini which is only available for a few more days. I love the Gold Stamping' Emboss for this type of project because it makes the stamped images pop that little more.
The numbers were cut out of Silver Glimmer Paper and Basic Black card stock using the Large Numbers Framelits - I love these framelits and use them for so many projects, they are a must have in my book. I shadow mount the numbers so that they pop more and I have dimensionalised them on this project for added texture and interest.
To add a greater sense of celebration to the card I cut the swirls from Gold Glimmer Paper using the largest swirl from the Swirly Scribbles Thinlest. I wanted the suggestion fireworks and action and thought that these gold elements balanced the card nicely.
The sentiment is from Here's to Cheers and embossed with the Gold Stamping' Emboss on Basic Black card and punched out with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch. I dimensionalised it too.to add some more height to the card on top of the layers.
Final touch was the addition of the stars from the Metallic Enamel Shapes accessories, for added bling and of course I heat embossed a sparkler on the inside.
Wishing you a sensational start to the 2017 year, stick around and check out what Nadine has to share - her creations are always breathtaking!
Happy New Year - fill the year with sparkles, bubbles and bling!

Cheers
Shanni xx

Order of Blog Hop
Shannean Moncrieff (that's me)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, whizz, bang, Happy New Year. Fab card Shannean all ready for the incoming year. Happy New Year to you and yours when it comes. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Shanni, love all of the glitter! Perfect to ring in the new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza my friend, I love the background effect you have created, such a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni