Wednesday, March 19, 2014

So Very Grateful

Last year Stampin' Up! brought out a set called Bordering on Romance - it was a gorgeous outline stamp that was both delicate and detailed. The image conjured romantic colours and lovely treatments on velum, in water colour and in the sweetest colours. Sadly that set retired.

This year Stampin' Up! has brought out a set called So Very Grateful which to my mind is a modern take on the romantic set from last season. It has two beautiful floral stamps and great sentiments.

So I wanted to make a card similar to one that I had seen made with the Bordering on Romance set and this is what the outcome was:
The base card is Crumb Cake and I have mounted Very Vanilla cardstock (embossed with Perfect Polka Dots TIEF) and Blushing Bride cardstock (embossed with Fancy Fan TIEF). I trimmed the edge of the Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake with the curved Adorning Accents Edgelit Die - I ran both of these pieces of cardstock through the Big Shot together so that they would match perfectly then adhered them slightly apart to act as a frame.

The feature on the card is the Labels Collection Framelit Die cut cardstock in Crumb Cake and Blushing Bride which I cut using complimentary sizes of the dies.  I then embossed the Blushing Bride  piece with the Oval Designer Frames TIEF and punched out the centre with the Wide Oval Punch.  I mounted the sentiment behind the pink cardstock and had stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede ink on Very Vanilla cardstock using a Stampa-ma-jig to ensure exact placement. The sentiment stamp comes from the Chalk Talk set in the Annual Catalogue.
Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon runs behind the Label Collection mount. I then stamped the So Very Grateful floral stamp in Staz On Jet Black Ink and water-coloured the image using an Aqua Painter and the Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake inks. I fussy cut the image and mounted it on dimensionals. The pearls were added for additional luxe

Enjoy!
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni