Monday, November 2, 2020

Totally Techniques - Stamping with Embossing Folders


Welcome back to another Totally Techniques international blog hop. I have been very tardy with this group this past 6 months and hope to redeem myself this month.

This is my card:
I love textures, distressing and layers in my cards so this technique really appeals to me. I am also conscious that people are looking for ideas for Christmas so I know that this card layout will come in handy with say a poinsettia flower arrangement or holly and pine cones. . .
These are the materials used:-

Tasteful Touches Stamp Set
Textured Essentials Stamp Set
Basic Black Cardstock
Crumb Cake Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock
Copper Foil Card
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Crumb Cake Classic Ink
Soft Suede Classic Ink
Versamark Ink
White Stampin' Emboss Powder
Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder
Tin Tile 3D Embossing Folder
Retired Heirloom Frames 3D Embossing Folders
Gold Hoop Embellishments
Champagne Rhinestones
Scalloped Lacetrim
Poinsettia Dies (from the Holiday Cattie)
Light and Dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Blends
Dark Poppy Parade Stampin' Blends
Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends
The card is a square card in basic black, mounted with a square of crumb cake card which is stamped using the "pinewood planks embossing folder" in crumb cake ink. I also stamped the little square texture stamp from the Textured Essentials stamp set in soft suede ink for some added vintage appeal.

The copper foil sheet was embossed using the tin tile embossing folder. I distressed the edges and then added some oxidisation with soft suede ink around the edges to give an aged look. I added the lace trim to the back as I wanted the card to have a feminine feel. The heirloom frame was embossed and fussy cut from whisper white and I sponged the edges with soft suede ink to marry into the vintage frame.
The flowers are stamped in memento ink on whisper white and coloured with the Stampin' Blends listed above. I cut the little black leaves with the Poinsettia Dies in basic black card. The rhinestone and hoop add the extra bit of luxe!

This was a really quick card and I hope it still has wow factor. I plan to use it for my daughter's 16th birthday next week but I will copy the layout for Christmas cards for the season.

Until next time,
Shanni xx





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni