Saturday, May 16, 2020

Fancy Folds - Double Easel Card

Welcome back to another month of blog hopping with the Fancy Folds Design Team  - this month we are doing Fancy Folds.

I hope you enjoyed the amazing project that my friend Gina made with the fancy fold!  

This is my card:
I followed the easy to understand YouTube tutorial from by my beautiful friend Sharon Armstrong, she makes it very easy to follow.
I made my card using Thick Whisper White card stock - the base card and the second easel aspect. I also used a strip of Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper down the right hand side of the card. It doesn't matter what width you use - its just a pop of colour to brighten the overall card.
I stamped the images from the Timeless Tropical stamp set as follows - the hibiscus on Grapefruit Grove in Real Red, the frangipani flowers in Daffodil Delight on Whisper White and the leaves in Old Olive on Old Olive card stock. I also added some extra bling to the flowers by colouring the centres with Wink of Stella and the ink colour that each flower was stamped in.
I love that the stamped images could all be cut out using the In the Tropic Dies. I also cut the pineapple top in Old Olive card and the little flower sprays in Real Red card stock.
To give the card a focal point I added a rectangle of Crumb Cake and Whisper White card as the feature on the large easel card.
The sentiment is from the Timeless Tropical set stamped in Real Red and mounted on crumb cake (punched with the Story Label Punch). I punched the sentiment stamped image with the Timeless Label Punch. Everything is attached with dimensionals to pop them from that card base.
I hope that the design gives you some inspiration to try the fold. Its really easy and has great appeal.
Don't leave us right now,  you could check out our next design team member,  Mary Ann has made a super cute card!

Give this fold a try - I think you will like it!


Thanks for hopping with us today!

Stay glittery
Shanni xx

Order of March Blog Hop

Aude Barbara (France)
Fiona Carson (New Zealand)
Gina Connor (United Kingdom)
Shannean Moncrieff (Australia) that's me!
Mary Ann Rossiter (United States)
Astrid Hofmann (Austria)
Stephanie Nash (Canada)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni