Saturday, September 28, 2019

Totally techniques - Chalk Boarding Technique


So great to have you back for another Totally Techniques Global Design Team blog hop. We are featuring chalk boarding technique this month and it is such a fun technique. Very simple, but very effective.

Chalk boarding is usually done on very dark card, with stamping in white. You can choose to use White Craft Ink or White Heat Embossing. I prefer heat embossing because it provides for a sharper image, but I have also employed the Craft Ink in a way that is consistent with chalk boarding.

I have done two simple card projects:
I feature Flourishing Phrases and I have heat embossed with White Embossing Powder on Basic Black card stock. I mounted the top piece on a rectangle of Whisper White and the card base is Basic Black, lined with Whisper White inside.
For the first card I have heat embossed the stamped image and highlighted the flowers of the image only. I used a dry aqua painter to apply Craft Whisper White Ink directly to the card. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on Whisper White card and punched with the Timeless Label Punch.
I left the leaves and stems bare for contrast and added some Pearls for a touch of luxe. The pearls marry in beautifully with the chalk style stamping and black and white theme.

For my second project I have used the same stamp and colour scheme but in addition to heat embossing in white I have also distressed over the areas of the stamp image with Whisper White Craft ink, using a sponge. 
I wanted to give the impression that the black board had been used previously and the chalk residue left on the board.
The sentiment in this instance was stamped on Whisper White in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and punched out with the Story Label Punch.
You can only just see that there are some black Rhinestone Jewels on the card to provide a little glamour!

Such an easy technique and two easy cards for inspiration enjoy.

Until next time
Shanni xx

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to use this beautiful stamp for this technique! It so detailed and the contrast on the black is beautiful! I love your subtle chalky effect too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni