Saturday, December 1, 2018

Totally Techniques - Polished Stone Technique

Welcome back this month we are sharing the Polished Stone Technique, you may have just popped by from Zoe's amazing project!

This is my project this month:
I wanted the polished stone technique to feature and have chosen to add stamped images using the Lovely Lattice Sale-a-Bration stamp set.

This is an avid stamper project although it is really quite simple. It's a square card - the base card is Powder Pink mounted with Whisper White squares on the front and inside. The technique is done on a square of Glossy White card stock and the stamped images are on a separate piece of Whisper White (fussy cut and layered).
The polished stone technique was done using Bermuda Bay and Pool Party re inkers, Isocol Rubbing Alcohol and cotton pads. I was patient and allowed the inks to dry before employing the gloss card in the project.
The floral image was stamped on Whisper White using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. I coloured the images using - Light Bermuda Bay, Light and Dark Petal Pink, Light and Dark Cherry Cobbler and Light and Dark Old Olive Stampin' Blends. I stamped out the large flower three times and fussy cut two of the images after colouring them.
I stretched out the flowers using the bone folder, curling the petals upwards and into the centre of the image. For the first layer I also cut between each petal to allow each to forma separate shaped. The very centre of the flower is just one piece.
Once I had cut out the stamped image I layered it onto a piece of Copper Foil Sheet which I cut using the scalloped Layered Oval Thinly. Added housing in Copper Metallic thread behind the ovals and dimensionalised the ovals. You will see that I also stamped and coloured five smaller flowers from the  Lovely Lattice set and curled them little too once I had cut them out, I wanted the flowers to feel like they had been scattered at the top.
As always I like to dimensionalise my cards and give them a lot of layers. Here is a side view.
The colours truly compliment the copper foil and bright Bermuda Bay background. I wanted the polished stone technique to meld well with the project and not be outshone and I hope that I have found that difficult balance. I think that this stamp set is going to be extraordinarily popular for every level of stamper because the beautiful fine line of the images lends itself to colouring an simplistic monochromatic stamping too. . . stay tuned as I feature this set over the coming weeks. Building flowers is easy and makes a massive impact.
The sentiment is from the Incredible Like You stamp set which will be released in the Occasions Mini due out in early January. I stamped in Bermuda Bay on Whisper White and punched it out with the Everyday Label.
I hope you have found some inspiration in my project today and that you feel inclined to give this technique a go. It is great for cards and scrap booking alike and will be a great background or stamping feature on all types of projects.

Don't leave us just yet as we have so many other projects to share. Nadine Weiner is next with an awesome project!
 
Until next time, stay sparkly!
Shanni xx

Order of November Hop

Zoe Tant United Kingdom
Shannean Moncrieff Australia
Nadine Weiner Germany
Lynsey Mahon Canada
Barbara Meyer Austria
Kelly Acheson United States

5 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous! The detail on the flowers is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of the Polished Stone technique Shannean and your colours really make those pretty flowers 'pop'. What a lovely stamp set that is going to be popular as a freebie come Saleabration. Thanks for sharingxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing card! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, the details. All the fussy cutting was so worth it. What a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thank you for explaining how you made it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni