Saturday, November 25, 2017

Totally Techniques - Stampin' Blends

Welcome back to another Totally Techniques DT Blog Hop - this month our feature is Stampin'Blends. I don't know about you crafters but there is nothing more relaxing than colouring in. . . you are able to tune out completely and just relax, so this technique was a blessing to me this month as we are so busy with end of school year, break up parties and concerts, graduations and all things festively oriented. . .

I hope you enjoyed Marine's gorgeous creation - her projects are always so beautiful!

Here is my project this month:
I love the Birthday Blooms set because it's so easy to stamp and colour. I have used the following Stampin' Blends:

Dark Pink Pirouette
Light Pink Pirouette
Light rich Razzleberry
Dark Old Olive
Light Old Olive
Light Smokey Slate

It's a square easel card! Base card is Thick Whisper White card stock mounted on a square of Blushing Bride. On top of the Whisper White I have mounted a square of Blushing Bride which is marginally larger than the square of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper which forms my canvas.
I stamped the flowers from Birthday Blooms on Shimmery White Card Stock in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and coloured the flowers. I like to start with the darker shadowed areas first and then come in with the lighter colour and if need be the colour remover although in this instance I didn't need to. I then fussy cut the flowers as I wanted the card to be a bit celebratory and the added bling of the glitter pops the stamped and coloured images nicely.
I adhered a Delicate White Doily to the glimmer paper and then added the stamped coloured flowers to the top of the doily. I went around the bottom of the adhered images with the Light Smokey Slate Stampin' Blend to give an illusion of shadows.  I drew the Dark Pink Pirouette directly on the glimmer paper using a ruler and the pen. I added a touch of smokey slate to the line as well to marry in with the shadowing beneath the flowers.
I highlighted the stamens of the flowers in Light Rich Razzleberry. I added the Silver Mini Tinsel Trim to marry in with the Rhinestone Jewels and glitter of the glimmer paper.
The easel device of the card is the line of Rhinestone Jewels inside the card. The sentiment is the Stylized Birthday stamp. I stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on Whisper White card and fussy cut it out. It is adhered with Tombo Multipurpose Glue. I also added Clear Wink of Stella to the voids in the letters in the sentiment in the hope of getting it to blend a little better but I don't think I was successful.
I hope you have taken some inspiration from my card. I love the fact that you can draw on and colour glimmer paper with the Stampin' Blends to work them in with the project.

Don't leave us just yet, we have a few more blogs to go, starting with the amazingly talented Zoe Tant, from the UK! Check out Zoe's beautiful project this month!

See you next time!
Shanni xx

Order of November Blog Hop
Patrice Halliday-Larsen (New Zealand)
Nadine Weiner (Germany)
Marine Wiplier (France)
Shannean Moncrieff (Australia) that's me!
Zoe Tant (United Kingdom)
Barbara Meyer (Austria)
 Annette Elias (Netherlands) and brand new!

5 comments:

  1. Wow that's beautiful. Love all the sparkle! Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a sparkly piece of art. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect card with a perfect coloring ! Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo beautiful, Shanni! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous! When I tried to colour with Stampin' Blends on Shimmery White (stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black), the ink smudged. I even tried heat setting. How did you manage?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni