Sunday, April 28, 2013

Artisan Embellishment Kit Card

What a busy week . . . so much to do in preparation for National Convention in Brisbane in mid May. . . but here is one of the cards that I did with a class this week.
All of the elements come from the Artisan Embellishment kit which is available until the end of June ~ why not check out the other terrific items and shop on line today. . . the kit is just $16.95 and such a bargain for the great things that you get in it.

The base card is Pretty in Pink.  I have mounted a piece of Whisper White card stock on it which I heat embossed with white embossing powder using the En Francais back ground stamp.  I then daubed the corners with Blushing Bride ink to give it a vintage appearance and a romantic quality.
I daubed the edges of a paper doily with Blushing Bride ink to tone it in with the rest of the project.  There is a small piece of pink ribbon along the right hand edge (which marries in with the inside treatment on the card) and dds a touch of luxury.

The stamped feature of the card is made using the Stained Glass Technique that I posted about last week ~ simple but effective. I stamped the Bordering on Romance flowers on Vellum with heat embossed white embossing powder and then coloured in the reverse side using Blushing Bride, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red and Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Markers.  I punched the image out with a 2 1/2" Circle Punch and also punched out a piece of Pretty in Pink in the same size.

The Rose Red Seam Binding Ribbon adds another texture to the project and the pre-fabricated rose is from the Artisan Embellishment Kit as well, along with the "love" ticket.  I couldn't resist adding a touch of bling with the Faceted Vintage Clear Button.
The inside of the card is lined with Whisper White card stock and I used a Stampin' Wheel Viola's Lace with Blushing Bride ink to tie in the vintage theme.

I am planning on sending the card to my mum for Mother's Day.
Shanni xx

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and beautiful colors Shanni..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I do love that kit.

    Enjoy Convention. I just cannot get there this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. Saw it on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. I saw it on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card and a fab kit
    Love the embellies
    Thanks for joining us at MiM and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi soo u on MIM and love your card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spotted this lovely card on MIM and came by for a closer look. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your card on MIM. It's beautiful. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni