Sunday, August 19, 2012

Betsy's Blossoms Card

One of the great things about being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is that you can often pre-purchase stamp sets, ink pads and papers before they are released to the public.  I got to buy the Betsy's Blossom stamp set and the 2012-2014 In Colours before they come out in the Annual Catalogue in September and here is a card that I put together today:
The base card is 21cm x 14.8cm and is Whisper White cardstock.  I ran it through the Big Shot using the Finial Press Embossing Folder.  I folded the cardstock in halves first and only embossed one half.  I also cut a Top Note shape using Whisper White.

I discovered that the new ink pads are very juicy and you need to have a gentle hand when inking up your stamps ~ quite a bit different from how I am used to inking them up.  The leaves from the Betsy's Blossoms set are stamped in Gumball Green which I have then fussy cut out.  The little flowers are actually from a stamp that contains three images and I have cut them separately; I love this colour it is called Midnight Muse. 

The birdie is stamped in Raspberry Ripple (sounds good enough to eat!) and I stamped it twice so that I could pop the wings using dimensionals.  A fair bit of cutting out but I didn't want to mask and stamp and also wanted the little edge of white to show around the whole layout despite there being a white background.

The sentiment comes from Petite Pairs.  It is stamped in Gumball Green, which I have then punched using the Word Window Punch.  I thought that "so many smiles" suited the whimsical images from  the Betsy's Blossoms set.

I wanted to pop the card a little and tie in the fresh Gumball Green colour so I mounted the whole card on a piece of Gumball Green cardstock (11cm x 15.3cm). My aim was to frame the "picture".

Tweet-tweet
Shanni xx


2 comments:

  1. Hi Shanni.
    Wow , beautiful card .Love the embossing and those leaves and bird .Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Gorgeous Shanni. I love the embossing folder..Loz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni